CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, October 18, 2008

TLEW Haunted Train Ride Adventure

Click to play TLEW Haunted Train Ride
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow


We have planned for some time now to go on an outing with the Kijowski's and their neighbor family to go on the TLEW Haunted Train Ride. I discovered this morning that the kids would need to go in costumes. I started when the kids were very little, having theme halloweens. We've had a Winnie the Pooh, Super Heroes, Rescue Heroes, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Sporty Simons, Star Wars, and M&M Halloweens (to just name a few). This year was no different...we would be the Pirate Family. I raced around town picking up supplies and then it was over to my mom's to whip out some pirate costumes. I had some pirate costumes that I borrowed from a friend of mine and thankfully, I have a talented Mom who can usually come up with something for me. I even did some of the sewing for these costumes. (Any of you who know me well...know that me even being willing to sew is an absolute miracle. I hate it! And find it quite stressful). We were successful and made quite the pirate family. Argghh, Matey!

The TLEW Haunted Train Ride is located out past Waterville. The Bluebird Passenger Train is a diesel train manned by volunteers who endeavor to give you a Halloween adventure filled with cookies & cider, train bandits, monsters, candy and fun! Along with the train ride, there is also a hayride, "haunted house", and a corn maze. It was a beautiful day...blue skies and warm enough not to need jackets. Some of the attractions were "cheesy", but the kids had an enjoyable time and we all spent time together. That is what truly matters!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey the Dylan the pirate picture didn't show. Looks like you had fun!