CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 3, 2008

Date Night

Today, to my pleasant surprise, after I arose from sleeping the day away (I worked last night)...I discovered that Jonathan had arranged for my mom to babysit the kids, so that we could have a date night (we haven't been able to go on a date since before Grandma came to stay with us).
We made sure Grandma had a yummy supper and then we took the rest of the fam to Burger King (we are trying to avoid fast food as much as possible for Grandma and her poor, aging ol' body). We enjoyed a scrumptious Burger King Steakhouse Mushroom Burger and then dropped the kids off to my mom. In all of Jon's graciousness, Jon recommended that we go watch "Nights in Rodanthe", a recent movie that has been released starring Diane Lane and Richard Gere, based on a Nicholas Sparks novel (one of my all time favorite authors). If you haven't already figured it out...it's a total chic flick, but Jonathan knew that I was very excited for this movie's release. This movie would be far from Jonathan's first choices in movies he would want to see for himself..but the man is quite "soft" for me and wants nothing more than for me to have a little pampering and be happy. So "Nights in Rodanthe" it was.
I read this novel back in 2002, when it was first released. So, I knew the basic story line of the movie, but it had been long enough to make much of the movie very enjoyable...vaguely familiar, but not predictable. They chose perfect actors to portray Nicholas Sparks' characters. The minute I saw the trailer for the movie...I knew it was going to be good. They did a nice job with the movie and we both enjoyed it...or at least Jonathan pretended to enjoy it. I cried during the ending, which doesn't even make Jonathan flinch anymore...he is so used to my "sensitivity" by now.
As the movie ended, I was struck with the profound sense of what a great husband I have. After a couple of years of focusing on all of this man's downfalls...I am overcome with the many thoughtful, kind, quiet attributes that he has. Much of his "greatness" is revealed when he simply does things, because he wants nothing more than for me to know of his complete devotion and endless love for me. I am one lucky girl! (Once again...I'm sure glad we made it!)

1 comments:

Jeannetta said...

Amen! I'm glad you made it too :D

Now you make me want to see the movie!