CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, February 14, 2009

The Couples Edition Share


Considering it is Valentine's Day I thought it would be fun to include this questionnaire about Jonathan and my dating days :)


Randomness: The Couples Edition Share


Answer and post your own so I can learn more about you and your significant other! :)


Our names: Maria and Jonathan


What are your middle names? Helen and Leroy (Yikes!)


How long have you been together? We have been dating since Memorial Day in '93. We have been married for 15 years.


Who asked who out? He asked me out with much encouragement. (We both had friends who worked on us to ask the other out. I knew that Jonathan was incredibly shy, so I waited for Jonathan to ask me out. It took 3 months)


Was it love at first sight? Absolutely! At least on my part. The moment I saw him come in to the room, I leaned over to my girlfriend and said "I LOVE redheads". She then responded with "Go for it!" I started putting on the charm from that moment on <3>

How old were each of you when you met? I am 7 months older than Jonathan...so he was 19 and I was 20. We got married when he was 20 and I was 21.


How old are each of you now? I am 36 and he is 35


How tall are each of you? 5'7 and 6'0


Whose siblings do/did you see the most? We spend the most time with Jon's Grandma (Ha ha). Then it would be my mom and my brother Jeff and his family.


Do you have any children together? We have 4 precocious boys together Dylan (14) Kyle(12) Luke (10) and Nicholas (8)


What about pets? We have fish and a hamster named Panda


Did you go to the same school? No. He went to Northview/Southview and graduated in '92. I went to DeVilbiss, Whitmer and Dunedin High Schools and graduated in '90.


Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple? We drove out to see my brother Andy and his family out in Pocatello, Idaho a few summers ago.


Who has the worst temper? Easily he does. He is a redhead after all.


Who does/did the cooking? He only cooks on the days I work. Those meals are usually super easy ones. I am definitely the better cook!


Who is more social? I am definitely the more out going one. As far as Jonathan is concerned, if we never left the house again...he would be perfectly content.


Who is the neat-freak? I am definitely the organizer and cleaner. Jonathan is more than willing to help, but drives me insane with his tendency for shoving things "out of sight--out of mind"


Who hogs the bed? Jonathan wraps himself in blankets like a burrito...so I often wake up completely uncovered. But Jonathan often times gets kicked out of bed for his snoring...so then I guess you can call me the bed hog.


Who wakes up earlier? It depends on our work schedule...otherwise we usually take turns letting the other sleep. We both enjoy sleeping in.


Who has the bigger family? We both technically have two brothers each, but Jonathan was raised with his Aunts and Uncles...there were many more of them.


How do you spend the holidays? We are extremely traditional in our family...so it really depends on the holiday. We are fortunate enough to have a good many of our extended family living here in town with us.


Who is more jealous? Jonathan has always been the more jealous one. I have always been very secure in his loyalty and complete devotion for me.


Do you have little pet names for each other? "Hon" "Sex God or Goddess" (Just kidding)


How long did it take to get serious? I had a tendency for jumping in too fast in to relationships. I had determined, I wouldn't do that this time. Jonathan on the other hand was hooked with in a couple of weeks and we were married within 6 months from the time of our first date.


Who eats more? Jonathan definitely eats faster and eats the same amount, but he skips a lot of meals...so I guess you would have to say it is me. Jonathan definitely loses weight the fastest.


Who sings better? Neither of us will be winning a grammy anytime soon. But I spent many years in Choirs...so I guess it is me.


Who does the dishes? We both load the dishes pretty equally, but when the dishwasher broke down it was mostly me.


Who snores? His snoring has long since been a problem for us. I can sleep through a lot of things, but not snoring. We have tried Breathe Right strips, changing positions, ear plugs...but often times he leaves the bed because he gets tired of me waking him and feeling me kick him all night long.


Who’s better with the computer? I definitely am.


Who drives when you are together? I usually do. It used to be a macho thing for him, intil he got tired of my ruthless backseat driver ways. I have a better sense of direction anyways.


Who is the first to admit when they're wrong? Believe it or not, it is me. Jonathan would be perfectly content to just ignore that anything had even transpired between us. I usually have to "check my pride at the door" and make the peace.


Who kissed who first? Jonathan asked me " if he could kiss me?" I had never had someone ask before. It was awesome!


Who has more tattoos?Neither one of us has tattoos


Who eats more sweets? We both have a pretty healthy sweet tooth, but I would say if we were comparing...it is Jonathan.

1 comments:

Melissa Monday said...

What a fun thing to read, Maria. I especially love that you did it for Valentine's day. I learned a lot about you and Jonathan that I didn't know before.