CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 4, 2009

He never gives up

"Oh, it is wonderful to know that our Heavenly Father loves us — even with all our flaws! His love is such that even should we give up on ourselves, He never will."Joseph B. Wirthlin

I came across this quote and it has been on my mind ever since. What a miraculous experience it is for all of us to have a Heavenly Father who loves us more than we can even fathom. He is so patient and loving, knowing of each of our divine potentials. He will never give up on us...so why do we?

This knowledge has been a miracle in my life. I will never forget when the knowledge that I have a Heavenly Father who knows me, loves me and wants what is best for me happened. It was a moment that truly changed my entire life. Especially considering the fact that I had spent my entire life seeking after the concept of "unconditional father love."

Even with the knowledge that I have, it can become easy to begin forgetting. I have been struggling lately with the whisperings of the Adversary...making me feel unworthy of the beautiful relationship I can have with my Heavenly Father. Through diligent prayer, I am coming to find that these "whisperings" are far from what my Heavenly Father wants me to know or feel. He wants me to know of his complete love for me. He wants me to feel there is always a way. But the Adversary is cunning...and without hardly noticing, we can start following a completely different message and begin heading down a path that leads us away from our Heavenly Father instead of toward Him. Suddenly, you wake up one day and wonder how you could've possibly gotten so far away?

Therefore, we must constantly be diligent! Diligent in seeking after the Spirit...and then staying ever close to that Spirit. We have a Guidebook...we need to read it, know it, ponder it...and then follow its teachings. We need to listen. Are we willing to do what is hard? Do we believe? Do we have enough faith in our relationship with our Heavenly Father and His son Jesus Christ? Are we willing to give up our sins to know our God? Are we willing to do whatever He asks of us? Will we follow him no matter the cost? These are the questions that determine our discipleship and eventual salvation.

I can only begin to hope that I will be able to measure up to be the daughter of God...that He knows I am and can become.

2 comments:

Jeannetta said...

Thanks for this reminder too :)
I struggle with some of the same things.
I am ever amazed at what the Lord does for me, even though I never feel worthy enough.

Melissa Monday said...

What wonderful insight, Maria. Thanks for sharing them. You are the person with all the answers this morning for me. I've been thinking a lot about what you wrote here based on a few recent experiences with some friends of mine. I really appreciate your insight and have found comfort in it. Thank you!