CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving mishap

Okay, so it is Thanksgiving morning...the house is buzzing with excited little boys anticipating a day with family, food and fun. Grandma was going to be visiting with her daughter, Nicole and her family for the day. I was in the process of getting Grandma all set to go. I made her oatmeal for breakfast and was on my way to her room, when I remembered that I had forgotten to grab the banana. I turned around with bowl in hand...right as Nicholas was unknowingly attempting to race past me on the right. In swinging around, the bowl hit him right in the corner of his eye. So hard, in fact, that the ceramic bowl chipped and blood went spurting.

Guilt, guilt, guilt! I don't know who was more horrified in this situation? Nicholas was afraid of the fact that he was bleeding "from his eye", that he would end up with a "black eye" and that I kept putting ice on his eye. "It is cold!" I was afraid that our Thanksgiving plans would get all switched around to us sitting in an ER for a good part of the day. After lots of tears, hugs, and kisses...I was able to assess the damage only to find a tiny gash, some swelling, and a definite probability of Nicholas earning his very first black eye.

Nicholas sporting his black eye
He's starting to think it's kind of cool!
After everything was said and done, we did have a conversation regarding passing laws and the illegality and possible consequence of passing on the right :) Nicholas on the other hand is thoroughly enjoying the accusations of abuse that I keep receiving ;)

0 comments: