CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, May 1, 2010

May 2010 Resolution

I continue on this journey of self improvement and healthier living. I'm not seeing a ton of weight loss, but I am optimistic that I am at least on the path of healthier living. Last month's obstacle of overcoming my soda pop addiction proved to be my most challenging goal yet, and yet I feel a special strength and power in which I haven't experienced before. I believe that the Lord is giving me the ability to be victorious in my endeavors to better myself.

I have increased my water consumption and reduced how many of my calories that I drink. I know that I also need to reduce my carbohydrate consumption, but I feel a sense of panic whenever I begin considering it. A strategy I might be able to live with, came to my mind. Instead of saying "no more carbs"...I'll increase my fruit and vegetable consumption, therefore reducing the carb intake naturally.

For the month of May, I am going to eat 7-9 servings of fruits and vegetables a day.

Hopefully, as time goes on I'll continue to incorporate each of these new habits in my daily life and experience a new found freedom in the process.

1 comments:

Shelley said...

I have tried switching to whole grains, since I don't want to reduce my carbs in general. I use whole grain noodles and eat fiber bars instead of candybars and I have everyone on wheat bread with no complaints! I don't have a scale anymore, but I know it is healthier!