CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Cedar Point trip with Youth to Youth 2009


Arbor Hills Junior High Youth to Youth Cedar Point Trip
June 11th, 2009
First ride the two boys rode was the Power Tower.
Kyle liked the ride...Dylan wasn't so fond of it.
Kyle really liked the rides that would spin you, but he didn't like the roller coasters.
Riding the Matterhorn
Once again, Dylan was asked to take a picture with young girls because of his likeness to Nick Jonas :D
Dylan's first roller coaster of the day...the Corkscrew.
The Corkscrew was a favorite from years past...that is of course, until he tried some of the others.
The Corkscrew
One of the few roller coasters I enjoy is The Iron Dragon.
I had started seeing spots, took my meds, and hoped it would pass while waiting in line.
By the time we got to the platform...I was feeling worse.
We decided it would be more prudent for me not to ride the coaster.
Dylan liked the view from the Iron Dragon.
Dylan spent a good portion of his spending money on this Ape Challenge.
The Challenge? Climb up the ladder and hit the buzzer without falling off.
Sounds easy enough.
He tried again...
And again...but was never able to win the giant stuffed ape.
Rainy, gloomy days = frizzy curly hair

There were crane flies everywhere.
They don't bite, but they get everywhere.
As Dylan went to take this picture, one flew in my mouth.
Yech!
One of the few times of the day that I wasn't in my hoodie.
It was mainly cool and damp for the most part of the day.
Kyle and Dylan waiting in line to ride the Monster
This was a favorite ride...so they went on it again...
The Monster was definitely Kyle's favorite ride.
Dylan liked it too!
I bet Kyle rode this ride at least 10 times.
Dylan and Kyle on the train.
If you ever want to know how good your kids really are...go to Cedar Point.
I couldn't believe some of the offensive things I heard kids saying or doing.
I'll take my boys any day :D
Dylan and Kyle on the bumper cars.

All in all it was a GREAT day! I enjoyed the quality time I was able to have with Dylan and Kyle. Dylan and I were able to have quite a few meaningful conversations. We all had loads of fun together.
Kyle only had one meltdown...and he came out of it pretty quickly.
We walked and walked and walked!
My feet were killing me by the end of the day.
Dylan end up becoming a roller coaster enthusiast!
His favorite ride was The Millenium Force!
I loved seeing his excitement when he got off of that ride.
I ended up losing Kyle at the end of the day...not thrilling me by any stretch of the imagination. He knew to go to one of the staff and they took him to "Lost Persons."
So, we had to do even more walking...but it was worth it :D

2 comments:

Jeannetta said...

I think we went there when YOU were in HS! OH GOSH! Now, feeling achy and creaky today, I FEEL OLD! LOL

Karisha said...

That is too funny, I was just thinking about how much he looked like a Jonas brother. haha