CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 15, 2010

"You Gorgeous Stack of Pancakes"

I've been thinking the last couple of weeks how much it bothers me that "people" in general say such horrible things about others...especially behind their backs. I was becoming even more cognizant of the fact that even I am guilty, at times, of the same atrocity. I may not talk about others regularly, but I am definitely guilty of "back-biting" and "gossiping".

I had to take Dylan to the Pediatrician today to check out what is causing all of this hip pain for him. The receptionist there exuded pure happiness. Her friendliness and exuberance was catchy. She absolutely tickled me when she called a co-worker to ask a question and started the phone conversation with "Well hello, you gorgeous stack of pancakes!" She then looked at Dylan and said "You're a gorgeous stack of pancakes, too!" I loved it! What a great way to greet others.

I began considering the kind of messages I reveal to others through the ways I treat others and decided to make a change. I am going to make a real effort to avoid saying any mean, malicious, or back-biting comments about another. I am constantly telling my children "if they can't think of anything kind/nice to say, then they need to say nothing at all." I need to heed my own advice! I don't need to join in on the "clucking" that occurs around me, but rather I can stand as a "safety" for others where they know there "name is always safe in my mouth".

By small and simple things, great things can come to pass. Little by little I try to become the person, I know I can be. Don't be surprised if you hear me calling you "A Gorgeous Stack of Pancakes." :D

0 comments: