CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, March 14, 2009

My first experience at a Japanese Restaurant


My friend Liz McLaughlin from work was celebrating her 30th birthday with friends and family
She chose Sakura Japanese Restaurant on Monroe Street...the staff sang her "Happy Birthday" in Japanese.


This is our Hibachi grill chef. It was really fun watching him prepare our food right in front of us.


He popped chunks of cucumber into the air and we had to try to catch them in our mouths. My mouth was big enough to catch mine. Big surprise!
I have never had Japanese food before today. I've tried Sushi once before, but that is the extent of it. I wasn't sure how I would like it, but was ready to try something new. Fortunately, I sat next to Pam Gainsley...who is an old pro at ordering Japanese food. She explained things to me and helped me order. I loved it!


These are some of my work friends...from left to right...
Joyce Shank, Cory Hampton, Kim Davis, Melissa Barnhart,
Irene Jones and the birthday girl...Liz McLaughlin

Pam and I joined this pic...so now it is (from left to right)
Cory Hampton, Pam Gainsley, Melissa Barnhart, Irene Jones,
Me and Liz McLaughlin.

0 comments: