CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Homework, homework and even more homework

I am convinced that most moms of school aged children encounter one obstacle, greater than all other obstacles that might be encountered in a school year...and that is the obstacle of HOMEWORK. (A close second would be fund raisers).

I literally dread when the school year starts...for that very reason. Every school day the kids come home from school and we get right on homework. Some times things run really smoothly and other days I know my hair is a little thinner from tearing it out. GRRRR! The three older boys have actually been very cooperative so far this year about getting their homework accomplished in a timely fashion. Nicholas on the other hand wages a battle on most days. We try to make it fun for him, bribe him, and even time him out (when we have to)...but he still gives us a run for our money. On the days that I work, this time is literally the only time that I get to spend with the boys. Often times with four boys trying to talk to me all at the same time...(Good thing I can multi-task pretty effectively)...Homework Time can be pretty chaotic! I have observed Grandma sitting amongst all of this commotion many a time...just taking it all in. I'm sure it brings back memories for her, too.

On top of the usual homework, also comes the fun of "assigned projects". The projects can be fun to do (if you have a willing participant)...but most often, it turns in to one big hassle for mom and dad...running around town collecting all of the "requirements" to complete the project (on top of everything else). Luke has been working on an autobiography for his teacher and we just finished Dylan's first project for social studies. Dylan had to do a timeline starting from when he was born...or "when he first came to the planet" (as he puts it). Apparently, I am the UFO that assisted him here to earth ;).

We never had a chance to get a picture of their projects before they turned them in...but we came across many of their pictures. I thought it might be fun to reminisce about how little they once were...

Luke at about a year old thinking he is hot stuff trying to answer the phone
Our first professional family picture with Dylan 3 months old.
(Dylan should be grateful I chose that picture and didn't put the presentation of Dylan when he was first born--or should I say first descended from the UFO? :)

0 comments: