CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Dylan's trip to Disney World

Dylan had the great opportunity to travel with Northview Orchestra and perform at Walt Disney World over Spring Break
Dylan's best buddy, Danny



Dylan plays with his light saber



Dylan having fun in the sun



Dylan, Sam, and Danny



Jayla and Dylan

at EpcotDanny, Jayla, Dylan and Patrick inside of Chinese Epcot




We had initially planned on taking a family vacation down to Disney World, but I was unable to get the time off of work and then we decided that we would need to buy a house this year. We knew the saved money would be better served going toward a house.




It was a nerve wracking experience sending Dylan across the country on his own. I got him a cell phone. We checked and double checked that he had all he needed. We sent him with money and had lengthy conversations regarding the budgeting of his money. He would need to pay for about half of his meals and could use the rest of the money for souvenirs.




A couple of days before he was to arrive home, Dylan texted me and informed me that he only had $40 left. The last couple of days, he was primarily responsible for his meals. I initially panicked, and began looking for ways to get more money to Dylan. But the more I thought about it, the more I began to realize that my bailing Dylan out would not teach him anything. Dylan needed to suffer the natural consequences of his choices. I counselled with him and instructed him on stretching his money out the best he could.


The next day he texted me and informed me that he had lost the remainder of the money. They were then on their way home. It was agony to stand firm, but I knew he wouldn't starve in one day. He was certainly hungry when he returned, but learned a great lesson.




By the way...Dylan did find the lost money when he returned home inside of his wallet.


That Boy!

0 comments: