CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Maria's Family Birthday Celebration

We have dinner plans with Chris and Diane on our birthdays Thursday,
so today was our opportunity to have our Family Celebration for my birthday.
I chose Texas Roadhouse for two reasons...
#1 I love their food...noone knows how to make a steak like they do
#2 It was a nice halfway point to meet for Mom, Dad and Linda
Nicholas looking thrilled

Luke
Kyle

Dylan takes his clipboard and drawing utensils EVERYWHERE he goes.
He can't stand one moment of boredom, and thus is ready at all times

The rolls at Texas Roadhouse are so yummy! They give you a cinnamon butter to put on the fresh, hot rolls. MMMMMMM!

Grampa sitting with the boys

38 years ago, I changed her whole world
Linnie and her Dylan...she sure loves him
Having a good time!
When I was turning 35, I really struggled with my age.
I couldn't believe I was so close to the dreaded age of 40
Life seemed to be going by so quickly and I just did not feel ready.
As time has progressed on, I have begun to realize that birthdays aren't a sign of old age...
but rather it is a sign of accomplishment.
I embrace each day as the gift it is
and realize that with every day and every experience
I am a better person for it.
Although I must confess when the staff came to sing Happy Birthday to me and the waitress asked "How old I was?" I paused for a moment and she said, "How old do you want to be?" I smiled mischeviously and said "22!"
So according to The Texas Roadhouse...I am 22!

The nice thing is... I'm not 22.
At 22, I didn't even begin to realize how incredibly blessed I am!
I have everything in life that I could possibly want...
I am surrounded by an incredible husband, loving family, and wonderful friends.
What more could a girl want?
The rest is all just frills :D

0 comments: