CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 1, 2010

2010 New Year's Resolutions


If I have learned anything over the last few years, it has been that I am the Master of my own Destiny...

  • If I desire to make things happen...it is up to me to do the work to bring those "things" to fruition.
  • If I want changes to happen...I need to put forth the effort to overcome the obstacles that face me.
  • If I want to become a certain kind of person...it is up to me to work on developing the desirable attributes I seek.

Unfortunately, I tend to become my own worse enemy when it comes to making changes. I have always battled my self esteem and Satan knows all too well the words and ways to whisper the defeating messages to me to enlist me to give up.

I am encouraged with the changes I have made personally over the last few years in my attempts to become a more positive, happy individual. But there are still so many areas in my life where I feel I am still lacking. Every year when the time for New Years Resolutions come around...I grit my teeth. I try to set goals, but usually find myself right back where I started. This year, I thought I would try a different strategy and take on just one goal at a time. Focus on that goal, and then move forward from there. Even better than goals...I want to create habits. Habits that benefit me physically, emotionally, and spiritually.

Because this time of year usually finds me at my most ambitious...I decided to start with one of my most difficult goals/habits first and that is of not only weight loss, but working towards a healthier lifestyle.
  • I will go to the gym and work out 3-4 times a week.
  • I will get on the scale and face the weight that I have allowed myself to become (I know it isn't going to be pretty).
  • I will meet with someone at Lifestyles and create a personal workout regime for myself.
  • I will reduce the portions I eat.
  • I will start thinking more about the things I place in my mouth and the value they have to my body.
Here goes nothing!

0 comments: